Every network marketer wishes they could get more leads. With a network marketing blog you can get leads even when you’re asleep or on vacation. So why not build one?
Many network marketers are scared of the technical aspects of building a website or don’t think they need one.
The good news is that starting a network marketing blog is relatively simple.
Building a network marketing blog also takes time and you need a daily routine. But it’s an asset that can be around for ever, so why not get started?
Some people are worried about the technical aspects of building a blog. But there is absolutely no coding involved like there was in the past. And if you get your hosting through Bluehost then they make it even simpler, because you get a free domain name as well.
There will be a learning curve involved because you will need to know about things like plugins and backlinks, but you don’t need to go and buy a book to learn this. Everything can be learned by watching YouTube videos which are freely available. Or you can reach out to me and I’ll help you the best I can. 🙂
So here are my 14 reasons why you need a Network marketing blog. In fact, these tips will work on any home based business blog
1. The top reason is to generate free and passive leads. A network marketing blog is like a shop that is open 24 x 7. When you use your blog to educate and inspire people, then they will be drawn to you and you can introduce them to your business opportunity.
And with a blog, the leads are completely free. You don’t have to pay for expensive Facebook ads.
2. The next reason is to brand yourself as a leader. If you look at the network marketing leaders like Ray Higdon and Eric Worre – they all have a blog that markets themselves as a leader.
So that’s why you need a blog. Now that you have a Network marketing blog, how do you pull all this together to build an online lead generating machine that ranks at the top pf Google?
3. You need to blog about what your audience wants answers to. I see so many blogs where the blogger is not specific. Nobody wants to know about your pets or where you’re going on vacation. They might do later on when you have a large engaged following, but for now you need to answer questions that people are actually searching for.
And how do you do that? Ask the search engine!
This is why I wrote the article ‘Network Marketing for Introverts’
As you can see below, when I typed in Network Marketing for, I was presented with some suggestions, so I chose’ Network Marketing for Introverts’ as this keyword is aligned with my blog.
And this is how I ranked after 5 days.
Now if you look at the bottom of the page when you do a search, Google is kind enough to show you related keyword suggestions. See below.
As you can see I get keyword suggestions ‘Prospecting tips for introverts’ and ‘introverts in direct sales’ which I can use because they are directly related to my main keyword – Network Marketing for Introverts. So I weaved these additional keywords into the article, so I can now rank for these keywords as well – cool huh.
4. Many bloggers build their blog as a dead end. The world wide web is called this name for a reason. You should be part of the web and build connections to other web pages (known as backlinking). So in your blog posts you should connect to other appropriate web pages both in your blog (internal linking) and to other people’s blogs or web pages (external links). Just examine this blog post to get an idea of what I mean.
5. Add pictures and infographics. At the start of each post, use a picture that resonates with the post, and in the alternative text section of the picture, put in your keyword. This makes the blog post more visual and helps with rankings.
6. At the top of your blog you should say exactly what your blog is about. As you can see mine says – Helping you build a Successful Online Business.
7. When you write your blog posts, you should have your ideal reader in mind. I call mine Dave and you can read more about him here. Write your posts as if you were speaking to him in a causal manner.
8. Install the Yoast plugin. This will give you a green light if you do you SEO correctly and another green light for your post structure.
9. Always have an ‘about me’ page. This is probably the most visited page on a blog and it should be written to resonate with your audience.
10. Have a tools page which shows the tools you use together with affiliate links for visitors to buy them, for which you get a commission. My blog is primarily for network marketers and home business people. But it doesn’t mean someone who wants to start a plumbing blog won’t visit my blog and want to buy hosting. See below. Therefore you must build your blog to maximize your profits 🙂
11. Have a picture of you on your blog at the top right and also at the foot of every blog article to further improve the engagement with your reader. People buy from those they know and trust.
12. See what other network marketing bloggers are doing and model them. Don’t be afraid of ripping apart other network marketing blogs and use them to model your own blog from. I’m not telling you to copy them, but they are structured a particular way for a reason.
13. Finally, your blog should be about building a tribe. When you have a loyal tribe of readers regularly reading your blog and commenting on it, then you can maximize your profits as well as serve your audience to the highest level.
14. Have fun and enjoy blogging. Nobody wants to read a blog written by a miserable old %*^&^ you know what I mean 😉
I hope you have found this blog post of why you need a network marketing blog useful. It truly is amazing to serve people from all over the world and to gather leads while you sleep.
Have you built a network marketing blog yet and what is your experience? Please comment below in the comments section.