In this article about mlm blogging tips, I will give you my 8 tips to get your mlm business up and running online and thriving for years to come.
A lot of mlm’ers out there are still using the old techniques which work fine, but why not extend your reach and open up to the possibilities of the internet.
The internet gives you the ability to brand yourself as an authority and to have people coming to you rather than you having to chase them.
A blog is in my opinion and in a lot of other people’s opinion is the best way to build yourself a 24 x 7 online marketing machine. I challenge you to find a network marketing leader who doesn’t have a blog.
Why Blog if you are in MLM?
I’ve covered the subject before of why you need a network marketing blog, but I will recap in this article. This is also true if you have any sort of home based business blog.
A blog gives you the ability to stake your place on the internet and brand yourself as an authority on your subject. Whatever niche you are interested in. This could be network marketing but it could also be woodworking, scrap-booking or quilting.
If you update your blog regularly with quality content, then as I said before, people will come to your rather than you having to chase them. Every Network marketer will love the idea of that…
You don’t have to pay for traffic. MLM paid traffic is great but it has to be done carefully or you could lose a lot of money. Paid traffic also stops the minute you’ve spent your last dollar. If you have a blog you will get free leads for years to come.
So now let’s jump into my list of mlm blog training tips.
8 MLM Blog Training Tips to Supercharge your Business
1. Brand yourself as an authority and not your opportunity This is super critical. Imagine diligently updating a blog every day for 3 years about the business you’re in, and then one day they close down. Or the terms and conditions change making it not the profitable opportunity it once was any more. Maybe you find a better offer. Or for reasons unknown to you, they no longer want you as a distributor.
You will have wasted years of work. For this reason, its import you brand yourself. Then if your business opportunity changes – it doesn’t matter.
2. Build the Foundations for your online business first. Don’t worry if you’re a technophobe. Building a blog these days is very easy and you can have a website and free domain up in less than 30 minutes if you use the hosting provider I recommend bluehost. Don’t be tempted to use a free hosting account as this could suddenly be pulled from you at any time, again potentially wasting years of your work.
Use a premium WordPress theme. A theme is the “skin” of your website and gives it the look and feel. I recommend you use the Genesis Framework as it is regularly updated with security fixes and has a free helpdesk. It is also optimized to be as fast as possible which is a key ranking factor in Google.
3. Teach to attract leads. Nobody wants to know about your success. We are inherently selfish and want to know what’s in it for us. So the best way to attract new leads is to teach. If someone feels you have given them value, then they will be draw to you and feel like they have to give you something in return. – The Law of Reciprocity.
To teach you need to know the problems that keeps your audience up at night and give them the answers. What’s the best way to find these problems? Certainly not Facebook, as their friends and family are watching. The answer is to look at forums where you will see questions being anonymously asked. If you have a list, you can ask your list.
You shouldn’t be trumpeting about your opportunity. Nobody cares and you will turn people off.
4. Consistency Blogging online is a marathon and not a sprint. You need to be adding quality content at least once a week otherwise you run the risk of being forgotten and the Search Engines dropping you.
You will not see immediate results as the search engines do not trust you when you just start out. In fact, you should expect results for at least 6 months. And it’s this fact that kills many bloggers off. But if you accept that figure and carry on regardless that’s good news for us as who stick with it. You can see my post here on the subject of how often should you write on your blog.
5. Be in it for the Long Term. If you want immediate leads, then you should consider paid traffic. But if you want cheap mlm leads then you have to commit to the long term as blogging does not produce immediate results. Within about 6 months you should be getting 10 leads per day which is time that’s going to pass anyway with you wondering whether you should be blogging or not. So just do it and thank me later 🙂
6. Be Inspiring. Whenever I write a blog post 3 words are always in the back of my mind Educate, Inspire, Vulnerable.
Nobody likes someone who says how easy it was to get success and brags about it. That certainly wasn’t me and it’s not most people – So be real, inspire and teach.
7. Have a game plan. If you have a full time family and kids, then realistically you are only going to have about 2 -3 hours per day to work on your blog. You have to accept that this is all the time you have, and it will become your daily blogging routine. So you have to discipline yourself not waste it. You also have to accept its going to take longer for you to build your online business than it will for someone who has 8 hours per day to work on their blog.
8. Social Media. As you will know, there are a huge number of people on social media, especially Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You should be using these Social Media sites to promote your posts.
That’s my 8 mlm blog training tips which I hope you found helpful.
Just remember. If you work on your blog daily, blog post by blog post you will build an awesome resource that will serve you and your family for years to come.
We are currently sitting at a turning point in human history. Never before have we had the opportunity to reach out and inspire people from all over the planet. I challenge you grab this opportunity with both hands 🙂
If you have an comments on mlm blogging, please comment below.